Taekwon-do’s moral code, synthesized in the form of the Student Oath and Tenets, is applied to the letter within the Chikara Chelsea. As such, the Student Oath and Tenets are periodically recited before each class. The Student Oath and Tenets are:
- I will observe the tenets of taekwon-do: Courtesy, integrity, perseverance, self-control, indomitable spirit;
- I will respect my instructor and the seniors;
- I will never misuse taekwon-do;
- I will be champion of freedom and justice;
- I will build a more peaceful world.